GOURMET GALS

..................

Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Tomato-Potato-Leek Soup
Yesterday I opened the fridge and thought - what to do, what to do with leftover canned tomato, two potato's and two leeks that all need to be eaten asap. With little effort and no recipe I made a fantastic soup. Here's how I did it.
Cut the leeks and brown them in the pot that your going to use. Add a clove of crushed garlic. After the aromas have warmed and blended nicely, add the canned tomato. Let that simmer with 2 vegetable bouillon cubes, adding a couple of cups of water along the way. Prepare and add a spice ball with 10+ whole black pepper, a sprinkle of star anise and a bay leaf. Cube the 2 potato's and add them as well. Let it simmer together for awhile (over an hour probably). Salt and pepper to taste.
I thought it looked very appetizing as well, although I'm not sure that came across in my photo!
Cheers,
Lisa

No comments: