GOURMET GALS

..................

Thursday, March 15, 2007

Okay, so I can't eat any of this, but my kids still have to eat. So, today for lunch I got creative and made them a sure fire meal. Since my trip to Trinidad, the kids have fallen in love with Curry. They constantly beg me to make them "green eggs" and Roti (Trini flat bread). So today, being that it was a bone chilling 35 degrees out, when yesterday was 75 degrees!, I decided to make thier favorite soup... only with yet another twist... curry! Man, I wish I could eat this soup!!! Please note, I use all organic ingredients below.

Mindi's Curried Chicken & Noodle Soup

1 box of tri color rotini
1 chicken breast
6 large (huge) carrots, sliced
4 stalks of celery, sliced
1/2 half large onion, chopped
2 Tbs. dried rosemary
2 Tbs. Curry powder
8 cups water

In a sauce pan filled with about 2 cups water, cook chicken breast with a a sprinkling of curry powder until done. When cooled, chop the chicken into bits. Pour stock and chicken into a large soup pot. Add carrots, celery, onion, rosemary, curry powder, and water. Bring to a boil and let cook for 15 - 20 minutes. Add rotini, turn off heat, cover pan, and let sit for 5 - 10 minutes. Soup will cool while rotini cooks... perfect for serving to kids! Enjoy with homemade Indian Squaw bread (recipe coming soon) and butter! Mmm Mmm Good!

No comments: