GOURMET GALS

..................

Thursday, November 29, 2007

I am so proud of myself girls!! I actually created my own recipe based on a soup I had tried before. It turned out yummy!! I used leftover turkey from Thanksgiving but otherwise I guess I would just use chicken (cooked already and chopped up). No pics but it is a cream based soup.

Megan’s Turkey and Wild Rice Soup

1c. Onions chopped
1c. Finely chopped mushrooms (in food chopper/processor)
Oil

2-3T Flour
1 ½ c. cooked wild rice
2c. Vegetable stock or chicken stock
1c. Water or stock
Salt & pepper
1-1.5 cups heavy cream (or evaporated milk)

Saute onions and mushrooms in oil on low for till golden and carmelized-about 15 minutes. Add flour and cook for 2 minutes. Add stock and wild rice and boil on low for 10-15 minutes. Add 1 cup of water and continue to cook. Add cream, salt and pepper and cook for another 15 minutes. Serve with a nice crusty bread. Enjoy!

No comments: