GOURMET GALS

..................

Friday, October 12, 2007

Cold Noodle Salad

1/2lb. to 1lb. - Linguine or thick Spaghetti, cooked and drained
1 large to medium - Cucumber, seeded and cut into strips
2-4 carrot stalks - Carrots, peeled and cut into strips
2 tbsp. - Sesame Seeds, toasted

Sauce:
Whisk the following together in a bowl or pour into blender to blend:
1 cup - Vegetable Oil
¼ cup - Rice Vinegar
1/3 cup - Soy Sauce
1 ½ tbsp. - Sesame Oil
1 tbsp. - Honey (optional)
¼ cup - Brown Sugar
2 cloves - Garlic, finely chopped
1 tsp. - Ginger, grated
1/2 cup - Peanut Butter
1 tsp. - Salt
1 tsp. - Black Pepper

Pour sauce over noodles and gently stir in vegetables.
Top with Sesame Seeds.
Serve cold or room temperature.
Great dish for a potluck.

- - -
the recipe above came from my co-worker's mother-in-law, who is Chinese and a very good cook! it's delish.

sorry i haven't been posting, but i no longer have a kitchen. B & I are living with my parents, while I finish a dreadful grad school semester. we are so grateful God gave us a place to live while we are rent our primary residence, plus our 3 investment residences, during this real estate market meltdown. in a nutshell, right now my mom is my gourmet cook, so i just print recipes like these out and request them!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Thanks Leslie. I am going to make this tomorrow for lunch. I'll let you know how it goes!

Anonymous said...

Hey Les, yeah, real estate is very slow here too. Nothing is selling. I'm glad you have your parents to live with for now. Praying things will pick up again.love Hannah

Unknown said...

I just made this for lunch. I used whole wheat noodles and added frozen peas and carrots. Super yummy! Very light and flavorful.I made it in about 15 minutes. Thanks so much Leslie.