GOURMET GALS

..................

Monday, February 05, 2007

Here are the quiz results for the Apron Swap....( I am still waiting on a few more)

Marisa Foltz

What are your favorite colors? I'm really into brown these days, and that brown and light blue combination. Also love pink and red.

How have you decorated your kitchen? lots of red, and some tan. Right now we're in a temporary (5 months only) apartment . . . so its not how I would normally like to have my kitchen.

If you are at the airport waiting for the plane, which two magazines would you buy to read? (types or names) "Real Simple" and "People" or "In Syle"

What are your 2 favorite stores to shop at and why? Target (you can get everything there . . . love it!) and I love "Anthropology", but can't afford it! :)

Favorite meal? Anything Italian!


Mindi Jentes

What are your favorite colors? Bright Tropicals (any) and of course, black (it’s slimming!!!)

How have you decorated your kitchen? Italian Renaissance (mottled, antiquated tans & greens, stainless steel appliances, natural cabinets with black pulls, rustic floor tiles with tans, rusts, and greens)

If you are at the airport waiting for the plane, which two magazines would you buy to read? (types or names) People Magazine & Decorating Magazines

What are your 2 favorite stores to shop at and why? Banana Republic (love to buy their clothes for my honey) and Barnes & Noble (love to grab some coffee from SBUX and check out new reads)

Favorite meal? Almond crusted Mahi Mahi with a blueberry glaze, garlic mashed potatoes, wilted spinach w/ bournaise sauce served with a fantastic imported Italian Pino Grigio!


Hannah Johnson

> What are your favorite colors? Browns, creams, pinks, and reds
>
> How have you decorated your kitchen? the walls are "mudslide" chocolate brown with a "coffee" theme
>
> If you are at the airport waiting for the plane, which two magazines would you buy to read? Health & Fitness and some type of home decorating

> What are your 2 favorite stores to shop at and why? I love a store called "Home Goods" because they have a little bit of everything for the home, from bathroom towels to kitchen utensils. My other favorite is "Henry's" which is a whole foods grocery store, they have cheap produce, organic meats, essential oils, and homeopathic meds.
>
> Favorite meal? It's a close tie between anything Mexican, bbq pulled pork sandwiches and bbq ribs.


Megan Smith

> What are your favorite colors? Can I say, "all colors" :) I love black and white, shabby chic colors, browns, blues,...I'm useless at these things!
>
> How have you decorated your kitchen? We re renting so it isn't my "ideal" kitchen. Nonetheless, I like an eclectic look. Some antique, some new. I love white ironstone dishes.
>
> If you are at the airport waiting for the plane, which two magazines would you buy to read? People Magazine and Country Home (I also LOVE Domino magazine and Cookie)

> What are your 2 favorite stores to shop at and why? Anthropologie b/c of the funky housewares and great ideas for home decor. IKEA--because, who doesn't love IKEA :) These are 2 stores that Mike and I love to shop at together. He's a great shopper!

> Favorite meal? Boy this is hard....why did I come up with these!! I guess it would be a really simple pasta dish with a glass of red wine. Also a great lobster bisque is yummy!

Kristie Harris

What are your favorite colors? Coral/burnt orange, brown, greens, blues

How have you decorated your kitchen? I would say, “fresh.” Kind of on the bright side. I have orange and green in it.

If you are at the airport waiting for the plane, which two magazines would you buy to read? (types or names)
Any parenting magazine—since that’s my life these days, and I need all the help I can get, and after that I’d pick up a home decorating or creative/crafty ideas or organization magazine.

What are your 2 favorite stores to shop at and why? For practicality, it’s Target. I can find just about anything there. It’s clean, nicely laid out, Sydney loves it—and I can splurge once in a while and drink a peppermint mocha from Starbucks while I shop. I love Anthropologie too—but I’m not quite cool enough to shop there or pull it off. J

Favorite meal? Oh my goodness… I love everything, but my all time favorite is TACOS.

Sondra Clark

* My favorite colors are red and yellow
* Haven't really decorated but the walls are squash and when the counter tops are refinished they will have browns, creams, coppers and yellows. I have a few funky little clay veggies with faces that Mike hates because he thinks they are evil or something, and a few copper pots.
* In the airport, I would read Southern Accents and Traditional Home to dream about the house that I would have to win the lottery to have, Travel for the same reason on vacations and Gourmet to get some new ideas.
* For home, I like to window shop at For Friends because I really can't afford real shopping there, and at My Favorite Things I love to by presents and pottery. For clothing I like AJ's Casuals (but only during a sale) and Peppermint Palm because I like the nice beachy colors and styles since I spend a lot of time at the pool and at swim meets all summer.
* My favorite meal is a hard one.......I like so many, so much... lets see...summertime on the berry farm: a picnic of baked chicken on bread with brie and some of the warm farm berries; dinner on the patio: calamari slaw and a glass of Riesling; summer Sunday dinner: fries chicken breast, farm fresh corn, garden tomatoes that are still hot from the sun, with sweet tea and peach cobbler for dessert (can't tell I'm from the south, Ha); Fall: baked turkey and dressing and stack cake for dessert....I could go on and on but I will spare you.

No comments: