GOURMET GALS

..................

Monday, July 02, 2007

Here is a recipe my cousin sent me. I tried it today. Not too bad, not my favorite banana bread, but not bad. Very healthy, though. It didn't call for splenda, Les, but you might wanna give it a try. Hannah
WHOLE WHEAT BANANA NUT BREAD:
1/3 cup vegetable oil
1/2 cup honey
1 tsp vanilla extract
2 eggs
1 cup mashed bananas (I put in 3 bananas)
1 3/4 cup whole wheat flour
1/2tsp baking soda
1/4 cup hot water
1/2 cup chopped walnuts (optional)

Preheat oven to 325 degrees. In large bolw beat oil and honey together. Add eggs and mix well. Stir in bananas and vanilla. Stir in flour and salt. Add baking soda to hot water-stir to mix and then add to batter. Add nuts. Spread batter into greased 9x5 loaf pan.

1 comment:

Me said...

thanks, hannah!
i'll try it. i have quite a few ripe bananas in my freezer waiting for such a project.
les